Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I heart Pandora.com

It makes my work day a little more bearable.

I'm apparently on a music kick lately, but Pandora radio is a wonderful coping mechanism for cubicle life. I can crank up the tunes and not be distracted by phone conversations, coworker conversations and other office noises.

If you've never used it before, go to www.pandora.com and create a free sign in name. Then you create a "radio station" by entering a favorite song or artist. Pandora magically creates a playlist with tons of variety based on your selection. This is a great way to explore new bands or just to hear songs you've forgotten you liked.

My favories are Cake radio, Ben Folds radio, Duran Duran radio and Weepies radio. I always have a station depending on my mood.

5 comments:

Tiffany Norris said...

Yes! I love my Colbie Caillat and Amos Lee stations, and when I need to get moving, I crank up The Bangles. Rock on.

Ashley Crocks said...

Sounds like we have similar tastes! I will have to give your stations a try. Bangles radio sounds awesome.

Rocky said...

You should add the Go-Go's.

Tiffany Norris said...

And...my work has now blocked Pandora. Sad day.

Ashley Crocks said...

That IS a sad day! Accuradio.com is a good alternative. You can't customize the stations but they have a lot of variety.