Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Rawhide....Rawhide!

I am incredibly tired today. I got to work at 6 a.m. yesterday morning and I am feeling it today. I am not an early riser, so, this is not something I do often. I have intentions of getting up early almost everyday but when the alarm goes off, nothing feels better than to hit the snooze. So the excersise, cooking or laundry that I had planned to take care of that morning gets pushed back to the evening. This is not such a bad thing. I always get every task completed eventually. But, I had committed to helping with an awards breakfast and then a luncheon so I had no choice yesterday morning but to get up and get dressed.

Other than being super tired, I'm feeling great. We've got some exciting things going on this coming week. Work stuff for Matt, house stuff for me and an Elton John concert next Wednesday night. It's the makeup date for the concert that was cancelled in March because of Sir Elton's kidney stones. The concert should be awesome. I am expecting to rock out.

I bought Stevie and Wil some rawhide bones at the store this weekend and brought them home as a surprise. The last time they chewed rawhide was when Wil was very small and he got a soggy piece clogged in his throat and it almost choked him. I actually did a doggy heimlich on him to help him cough it out. So, I tried to stay away from that stuff when they were small. But these bones were made with small strips of rawhide, and Wil is bigger, so I thought it'd be safe. These bones have provided great entertainment. Not just for the dogs but for Matt and I as well. Steve will happily be chewing away beside you on the couch and then Wil will pounce out of nowhere. Usually growling like Snoopy to scare Steve away so he can chew it. Then an awesome wrestling match ensues where Matt and I just try to stay out of the way of flying paws. Yesterday Wil had found a sunny patch at the backdoor and was going to town on a tasty bit of bone. Steve just sat beside him and stared and whined. Every now and then she'd pitifully glance back at me or Matt to see if we were going to help her out. She was begging Wil for the bone just like she tries to beg us. It was hilarious. Wil paid her NO attention whatsoever. Steve tried to look her most pitiful but Wil was not swayed.

They are peacful now, snuggled up together on the couch. The battle will resume in the morning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cheer up. You will be living in a brand new house on Friday.