Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Happy Thoughts

I've been feeling down lately, so I thought I'd compile a list of things that make me happy in an effort to cheer myself up. In no particular order:

- stormy days at home (not severe of course)
- wind/breezes/gusts -especially in the Fall with leaves swirling around
- puppies, Steve and Wil specifically
- a sleeping baby on your shoulder
- the smell of a clean, sleeping baby on your shoulder
- Cheese pizza with fresh tomatoes
- Oreos and milk
- the accomplished feeling after I finish a workout
- snuggling with Matt
- slapstick/goofy/funny movies
- when I'm laying down and Steve or Will comes over and pokes their nose under the blanket I'm using and wiggles under the blanket to snuggle next to me.
- the smell of pot roast
- my dad's chili and grilled cheese sandwiches
- my parent's house at Thanksgiving - the sights, smells, sounds
- all Christmas festivities with family(s)
- bright colors in art pieces
- inside jokes
- doodling on notebook paper
- silver jewelry
- finishing a craft project with no setbacks and getting the desired result
- bike rides with Matt
- reading in bed on a stormy day
- college football Saturdays with buffalo wings
- Swimming off the pier and boat rides on the river
- Watching Steve and Wil run on the beach

I know this list is pretty superficial, but just thinking about these things trigger happier thoughts for me. Sending happy thoughts to all of you as well.

1 comment:

Matt said...

That's a great list. I would add:

1) playing Rock Band with my wife;

2) getting coffee at Borders and reading comic books;

3) eating sushi (Lucy Ho's, esp.);

and

4) going to a movie on Wednesday night with free popcorn.