Thursday, October 8, 2009

Once upon a time.

Once upon a time we had some fall temperatures here in Tallahassee.....
This was about a week ago, there was crisp air in the morning
and light, silver breezes at night.


Then one day an evil, humid force moved in.
It destroyed the crisp morning air and replaced it with heavy, thick, hot mists.
It frightened the cool breezes with its blaring sun.

We wait for the cool to return.

To bless us with cool touches on our cheeks.

To cheer myself up I pulled out some pictures that remind me of fall.


Mums


Lichens


Fishing on a cool October day last year.


Hooking a big one.
(this is no indicator of Matt's fishing skills, it's only an indicator of the small creek we found to fish in...)

The cool breezes will return soon enough.
And I'll be ready.

2 comments:

The Little Family said...

I'm ready for the cool air, too!! Good BYE hot weather.

Unknown said...

That fish looked bigger at the time.