Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Advice...

Some advice, from knowledge I've obtained over my 20+ years....

- Order what you want at a restaurant, don't worry about price, calories, etc. unless you absolutely have to, skimping negates the pleasure of enjoying a meal in a restaurant in the first place.

- Never take a deep breath after you hear someone go, "Ew, that smells gross", just take their word for it.

- Watching a good comedy will make you laugh even when you don't feel like it...old stand bys for me are "The Jerk", "So, I Married an Ax Murderer", "Spongebob", anything by Monty Python and "Spinal Tap"

- Exercise helps your entire well being...remember Legally Blonde, Exercise gives you endorphins, endorphins make you happy.

- Checking out movies and books from the libray is good, cheap, legal entertainment.

- Never wait over a year to take a long vacation. Doesn't matter if you just stay in the Days Inn down the street or with your parents, take time to take a week off.

I say that last one because V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N is on my mind right now. We're heading out of town soon and I am counting the days/hours/minutes/seconds/nanoseconds/whatever comes after that. Our last longer than a weekend vacation was last September, as in 2008, as in we have only taken long weekend trips and have not used up any vacation days in over a year. That is WAY too long. I'm going stir crazy.

So soon I shall return with pictures, and a well-rested, slightly less crazy me
.

My first vacation with Matt, our honeymoon
Disney World, 2003

and I know I have some wise blog readers out there, please contribute your free advice in the comments.
It's probably stuff I can use...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tiffany Norris said...

Very nice! Enjoy your vacation, and I'll try to think of advice while you're away. :)

Karen said...

Very nice advice. I like the one about breathing after someone says something smells. :) I hope you have a great vacation!

Unknown said...

T minus five hours....and counting...