Monday, November 2, 2009

I'm back!

We had a super, amazing, perfect, relaxing, refreshing, exciting, and did I mention amazing vacation and our travels are not yet done. We're heading to Birmingham on Wednesday night and Tuscaloosa this weekend. I'm not actually going to the Bama/LSU game, but I'll be on campus to celebrate our win!! (I'm being positive.)

I'm planning a post for each day of the cruise so I don't forget a moment and someday when I'm unable to travel to these amazing places I'll look back on my blog and remember every second.

We were home in the Shoals this weekend. The weather was gorgeous, the fall colors were gorgeous and now I'm officially homesick. This always happens in the fall. In the spring when Tallahassee is bursting with color I'm distracted from being homesick by the azalea blossoms, but in the fall when the colors are bursting in bright reds, orange, yellows and golds in North Alabama, I long for a walk on the sidewalk in Downtown Florence with leaves swirling around my feet and cold air nipping at my nose. (Reminds me of my college days at UNA.)

The visit with family this weekend was wonderful and I'm looking forward to more visiting this weekend in Alabama again. My absolute favorite time of year is here: fall colors, tastes, sights smells and football combined with the preparations for the holidays; christmas shopping, decorating, and the music. I'm listening to Christmas music already. I love this season so much I want to make it last. I've promised Matt I would hold off on the Christmas decorating until later this year. I'll probably work on it the weekend before Thanksgiving so it will greet me when I get home that Sunday and it's officiall CHRISTMAS TIME!!

Hope everyone had a jolly Halloween and isn't feeling the effects of too much candy today! I promise tons of pictures to follow.

1 comment:

Tiffany Norris said...

Glad you're back! I am SO ready to go home for Thanksgiving for all the reasons you mentioned!