Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Bama vs. LSU - A Day in Tuscaloosa

Well the BIG GAME is this weekend and I have to throw out a ROLL TIDE for all of y'all. Of course there's also the important holiday of Thanksgiving before the game. This year I'm thankful for a lot of things. It's been a challenging year, but I've decided that's a good thing.

Matt and I are blessed beyond measure. We have wonderful families, a good marriage, opportunities for travel, more food, shelter and transportation than we need and many many other small daily blessings. I am so very thankful for all of it. I am also VERY thankful we're heading home to Alabama this very afternoon to enjoy spending some time with our families.


I've been holding onto these pictures forever. I wanted to get the cruise photos posted before I moved on so I'm really late on these. Anyways, Matt and I went to Tuscaloosa the Saturday of our long weekend in Alabama. We didn't have tickets to the Bama/LSU game, but we were able to enjoy the crowds on the quad, take pictures and just (especially for me) enjoy being back on campus. I loved going to college at UA. I remember walking across the quad on a beautiful fall afternoon and hearing Denny Chimes strike the hour my first semester there. I thought nothing could get more collegiate than that.

Maggie is a graduate student at UA so we met up with her and Martin. We ended up snacking and watching the game at her apartment while she was actually at the game. It was a really fun day and we couldn't have asked for better football weather or a better football game!



Matt and Martin being good sports and wearing the colors of the good guys.


Denny Chimes


Me in front of my favorite entrance to Reece Pfifer. I spent many hours in the computers labs in the 3rd floor windows and the media center right up those stairs and through the door.


Martin, Maggie, me and Matt after the game. We celebrated on the Quad.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Tiffany Norris said...

This makes me homesick for Reese Phifer! I spent many hours there as well!