Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Cruise - Day Three - Fun day at Sea

That Monday was our "Fun Day at Sea" - It was spent sleeping in, getting some sun and doing tons of reading and tetris playing. It was gorgeous as we sped through the waters. We couldn't have asked for better weather on this trip.


Our first formal dinner was that night. Matt looked very handsome in his vest.

I love these blue colors on him.

Ed and Dale in their cruise formal wear.



Matt and I in our room after a delicious meal.

There's nothing I like better on my vacation than doing tons of sleeping and reading. I was able to get a nap in EVERY afternoon on this cruise. It felt GREAT! Plus I was able to enjoy another favorite pastime (yes, I consider napping a pastime): READING! I had picked up several books from Amazon and the used book store to keep me entertained. I started with The Magicians which is kind of a Harry Potter like story but in College and then went on to Lonesome Dove. I've heard about the Lonesome Dove stuff my whole life but I'd never read the book. I started it late in the cruise so I'm still trying to get into the first few chapters, but so far, I like it.

Anyone have any other recommendations for reading? I'm going to need some winter reads for when the holidays are over and I'm missing the hustle and bustle.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Julie Young said...

That looks like so much fun! Matt sure is a good sport with all your picture taking! HA!

Ashley Crocks said...

haha, I know! He's such a good sport. The folks we traveled with on the cruise cracked up because I could call his name while holding the camera and he'd look up and smile. :-) I guess I've trained him well.

Tiffany Norris said...

How I wish I could still take a nap every day...didn't know how good I had it in college!
I've recently discovered Kaye Gibbons. Southern author--great stuff. I'd start with Ellen Foster.