Thursday, February 11, 2010

Ch-Ch-Changes!


From Crawfordville, FL to TAMPA, FL!!!! So, there are some big changes coming our way. Matt recently accepted a position with Ernst and Young in TAMPA!!! After I got over being totally overwhelmed with the idea of moving, downsizing to an apartment and finding a new job I got excited. We're now packing up our house, preparing it to sell (hopefully sell quick!), and searching for that perfect job for me. I ask for your prayers for us during this crazy time. I have to admit it's been a HARD transition for me, and all along I thought this was something I wanted. :-) Be careful what you wish for, huh!?

I had some rough days with worry and panic, but I'm feeling more positive now. I'm excited about the cute little apartment we've rented with one blue wall (we picked the color). I'm excited about living in the middle of town instead of 30-45 minutes away. I'm excited about the Super Target and Whole Foods that is just down the street from our apartment. I'm excited about the Tampa Ikea, the Tampa Buccaneers and all the other cool news stuff we're going to find. I'm excited that SouthWest goes from Tampa to B'ham so I can get some good deals on flights home instead of driving eight hours. I'm excited about the opportunity of a new job and the possibility of a job offering more creative opportunities. I'm excited for Matt and this new job. He's SUCH a hard worker and too often that hard work is something that a state department just doesn't recognize. (Of course he's won about every worker award they have to give over his past 4 years (yeah, I'm a little proud of him.)) He's always been willing to work the extra hour and go the extra mile for someone calling him for help. He's always sympathetic, respectful and ALWAYS works to make the best decision for each situation. He talks about tax in the car, over dinner and before we go to bed. He worries over cases, meetings and letters. Not because they stress him out, but because he wants to be absolutely sure he's doing the right thing. Ernst and Young is very fortunate to gain a worker like Matt.

So wish us luck and remember us in your prayers as we start this new chapter in our lives. I know this is all part of God's plan for our lives and I'm excited to see what happens next. I'm going to enjoy life in the BIG CITY! (And only 45 minutes to DISNEYWORLD!!!)

(Matt's office is in the building on the right with a pyramid/triangle top.)

5 comments:

The Little Family said...

Wow! Congrats, changes can be wonderful. I wish you the best and hope your house sells quickly!!

Allison Tee said...

I had no idea--Tell Matt congrats on the new job and congrats to you on all the exciting changes! Tampa sounds like it will be such a nice place to live. i hope that the move, job hunt, and everything goes smoothly and as stress-free as possible. I'm so excited for you guys!

Allison Tee said...

oh and p.s.--E&Y will be a great place for Matt to work. Don't tell anyone I said that since I work for the competition, but I think he will really enjoy the environment there!

Ashley Crocks said...

Laura - Thanks!! You're right that they can be wonderful and I have the highest hopes for this one!

Allison - I'm sure Matt will read your comments :-) Thanks for support and let us know if you travel our direction. And thanks for the word about E&Y. I know Matt will appreciate that. And your secret's safe with us! :-)

Tiffany Norris said...

That's awesome! Congratulations! Can't wait to hear more about it!