Wednesday, June 23, 2010

This week...

This week I'm:
  • Getting adjusted to my new job. Starting to like it more and more.
  • Excited about our weekend plans in Orlando. Always fun for a little get-a-way and make the weekend seem much longer.
  • Enjoying watching 6 little ducklings grow up in our pond. We saw them first when they were tee-tiny and they're growing bigger each day. The Mama duck is a good mama. She clucks and her little ones come running. I'll post some photos soon.
  • Glad some rain came and filled up our pond again. It was getting so low and I was worried for all of our fowl friends.
  • Happy also to see the little moorhen that used to wake us up with his cries (he sounded just like an injured dog) has found a wife and they have built a nest. Mrs. Moorhen is dutifully sitting on it and Mr. Moorhen is keeping all the others away. It's precious.
  • Realizing that I sound like such a birdwatcher. I'm not really. I don't go looking for these things, but when they happen right outside your front door they're hard to miss.
  • Excited to begin my extra training for our hike in Yosemite this July.
  • A little homesick for family and friends in Alabama. Sure wish I could spend a day out on the river.
  • Glad to hear IKEA is having a sale this weekend. I'm in need of some shelving and storage bins. We've filled up this little apartment!
  • Glad my hydrangea that Matt gave me years ago survived the transplant to the pot and down to Tampa and is blooming cute little blue blooms all around.
  • Thankful for my awesome dad who got 2 cards for Father's day! One from me and one from Stevie and Wil.
  • Excited for the upcoming 4th of July weekend. My favorite holidays all come right in a row. 4th of July, Halloween, Thanksgiving and CHRISTMAS!
  • Excited that I'll have plenty of vacation days left in December for a long visit home over Christmas!
  • Excited that so many people have entered the giveaway! There's still time if you haven't - I won't post the winner until Friday!
Happy Wednesday! We're on the downhill slope to Friday and I couldn't be happier!

No comments: