Friday, July 23, 2010

Tampa Aquarium

We decided not to go out of town over the 4th of July weekend. The city we actually live in is a vacation destination by itself. So we decided to explore some of what Tampa has to offer. Exploring EVERYTHING that's here will take much longer than one day, so we started with something we both enjoy, the aquarium.

This aquarium is really nice, it's not as big as the aquariums I've been to in Chattanooga or New Orleans, but it's still got some cool stuff.


There was a whole area on Florida native fish and wildlife. We laughed because most of the birds there are birds we see in our pond every day.


Fish.


Diver in the large tank doing a show for the kiddos.


Jellyfish.
(there is a billboard in Tampa that says: "Our Jelly doesn't go on a sandwich...visit the Florida Aquarium". That sentence really cracks me up...they're really stretching it there.)

There's so much more to see in do in this humongous city. While I enjoy all the amenities and fun that come with living in a big city, I'm beginning to realize that I prefer small towns. I guess my roots can't be denied. :-)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Matt said...

Gorgeous pictures. I especially love the jellyfish picture.