Thursday, March 10, 2011

Wow, it's been a while since I posted here. I was sick and then home for a week and then celebrated my birthday so I've been very distracted and not keeping up with blogging like I should. I was blessed to be able to go home the week before my birthday to celebrate my newphew's first birthday and to throw in a little celebrations for me as well. Matt's parents took us to Umi for sushi to celebrate and I got to enjoy some great company, great sushi and ice cream with a song after dinner. Look for my photo on the Birthday wall!


We're getting more and more settled into our new rental home. It's nice to have all our stuff in one place. We'll still catch ourselves thinking about something we own and still thinking it's at the house in Tallahassee. But it's all here and it's so nice. I'm slowly getting some extra decorating done. I made a pillow for our bed and I"ve still got lots of work to do in the guest bedroom. Perhaps someone needs to come stay with us to give me the kick in the pants I need to get started? Any volunteers?

This weekend the weather should be super nice and we're planning a trip to the beach. This is pretty unusual for us. I admit I am not a huge beach fan when I'm not staying in a condo right on the water. Since living in Florida I have dealt with a lot of sand being brought home with me that is such a hassle. But I'm totally ok with sand this weekend. Can't wait to get some sun and smell the clean smell of the ocean.

Rainy day today in Tampa. I'm heading off to the library!

No comments: