Saturday, October 27, 2012

I'm on a Mexican radio....



Do you have anything here besides Mexican food? 
-Dusty Bottoms - "Three Amigos"

Just got back from a wonderful vacation break in Mexico. It was SO nice to have the time away to relax. We had friends join us for the first part of the vacation and we had the resort to ourselves (well, not to ourselves - just no one else we knew was there).

We went snorkeling, we went to the Explor adventure park and did zip lines, cave swimming and ATV tracks. The weather was absolutely gorgeous. We only had one day with showers and those only lasted a few minutes. It was a WONDERFUL week.

It's good to come home on a Friday so you've got the weekend to get back into the swing of regular life. You'd think we'd been at the resort for months. It's like I forgot about groceries, bills, laundry - work - :-) You mean I have to stop reading by the beach all day? But I still have books left on my Kindle! What is this craziness?

Anyways- I'll be better about blogging. The Facebook absence is harder than I thought it would be. Who knew so much social life was on there. I'm going to have to put forth some effort and start emailing folks to check on them.

The holidays are upon us!! We're planning to play spooky music and hand out candy on Wednesday night to any trick or treaters who come our way. I think I'll even cook up a tasty pot roast in the crock pot.

The weather is finally getting cooler here in Tampa. Our high today is 82 and the high tomorrow is 79. I know those are still pretty warm - but that's about as "fall" as it gets down here so we'll take it. After being in the tropical Mexican/Caribbean heat for a week - these temperatures are downright cold. I'm going to have to break out 3/4 length sleeves so I don't catch a chill! ;-)

Today's plan is for cleaning - gotta work through my list to get it all organized, dusted, swept, mopped, vacuumed, disinfected, febreezed and washed.

Zip line in Explor

Cave Swimming

No comments: