Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Stevie the hoarder

Stevie has always been a cautious dog in some ways. Especially when it comes to food, her most favorite thing in the world.

She's always hidden food. We've cracked up at finding dog food or biscuits in odd places around the house. Once we were watching a football game at my parents house. Steve barked at me for a treat and I just ignored her. She had food in her bowl and was not starving, plus the game was on and I didn't want to go treat hunting for her at that moment. A few minutes later she pranced out of my dad's office and into the living room with a biscuit in her mouth. Apparently, she had stashed a leftover biscuit from breakfast in my dad's office. When she got no response from me she had to dig into her stash.

She'll "bury" food in the corners of the couches and if you sit in that seat she'll bark at you to move.

Yesterday I gave she and Wil a treat and they took their treats out of the kitchen into the living room. Just a few seconds later I heard Stevie barking. I knew she must have either lost her treat to Wil, eaten hers already, or hidden her treat and wanted Wil's now. I walked in and saw her treat buried in the couch.


I gave her another and followed her. She carried it into the living room to their bed kept under a side table. There she buried the second treat.




The third time she "buried" her treat into the couch in our TV room.

  

The fourth treat she hid in the living room chair.



I was home yesterday and watching TV in bed most of the day. The most humorous part of this treat story to me is that she would cuddle with me on the bed, but would leave the room every few minutes and come back with a treat in her mouth. I guess she was saving them for just such an occasion? By the end of the day, all the treats were eaten. She's a goofy dog for sure.
 



No comments: