Friday, February 15, 2013

My Funny Valentine


The florist mixed up the messages on the Valentine flowers I received yesterday. This note is NOT from Matt - and somewhere, someone got a sweet message from Crotchless4eva (Matt's AOL Screenname from back when we first started dating.) Too funny.


The roses were absolutely beautiful and there's a Happy Valentine's Day balloon attached.

Matt has always done Valentine's day well. Our first Valentine's day together in 2002 he sent a present to my dorm room. It was a little miniature rose bush. I named it Lillian Rose. I think I watered that poor little plant to death, I was so proud of it. She had little pink blossoms and her container fit perfectly on my dorm room window seal. 

He also sent me a Valentine message using those conversation hearts to fill in the words. I still have the paper with the hearts glued on. The words have faded and the color has bled onto the paper around it, but I memorized the message long ago.

Another year he surprised me with a chicken biscuit from ChickFilA and some beautiful red tulips. 

These gestures aren't expensive or over the top, but they're grand to me.
 


2 comments:

allison said...

Ahhh, I had totally forgotten about crotchless4eva! If I recall, crotchless4eva told me "no way would i be interested in one of your friends, Allison!" Famous last words. :) Hope you guys had a happy valentines!

Ashley Crocks said...

haha, I think I might have said something similar. Famous last words for sure. But I gotta say THANKS! :-)