Thursday, April 4, 2013

Home. New Nephew.

Home for Easter. We did MANY things....

First, a photoshoot with my nephews. I'll post more of these once I get the edits ready.
This is the newest addition to the family, my nephew, Reid.
He's pretty adorable. He likes to cuddle up into a little ball when you hold him. He loves to snuggle. 

 This little booger (who's not so little anymore....) wanted to pose for some photos with Ashwey, too. 
I couldn't NOT snap a photo of this adorableness.

We spent most of the day on Friday at Margaret's playing, napping and snuggling. Here's me and the little cuddler after a tasty bottle. Love this guy. I've actually got a photo of me holding Gray wearing the exact same outfit (the baby outfit, not me).
(me and Gray, circa 2010)

Gray gave me a very special present for my birthday: wooden people colored by Gray to look like Gray and Ashley. 
I can't tell you how my heart melted when Gray would say to me, "Let's play Gray and Ashwey". 
Yes. Yes, yes - let's play Gray and Ashwey.
Sometimes Gray would be Ashwey and I would be Gray. Those times were most funny. 

Me (as Gray): "Aunt Ashwey, can I have chocolate milk? 
Gray (as me): "Um, no. Not today"

Me: "Ashwey, I need to use the potty."
Gray: "Wash your hands!" 
As he helped me flush the inanimate object we had decided was a play potty.

In the photo above we're playing "park" and sliding down the pillow "slide". I had a blast.

Another shot of Gray and Ashwey having a serious discussion in the kitchen. 


Gray has been enjoying being a new big brother and all the fun that comes with it. Uncle Matt and I (both being the oldest in our families) also knew it can be hard to have a new baby in the house. We took Gray to the park and it was such fun for everyone. Matt and I loved watching him play and run and scream with such happiness and abandon. He ran up to kids twice his age and said "Hey Boy, I'm Gray-Gray." the grin and laughter never leaving his face. He was just so dang glad to be there.



We played on every toy Deibert park had to offer.

We headed over to Mimi and Pop's house that afternoon and had dinner there. Marg and Tyson came over with Reid. It was nice to relax and enjoy the family.



On Saturday I met up with my parents and and enjoyed some shopping in Downtown Tuscumbia.

I had a DELICIOUS footlong from Sparkey's in Spring Park.


This isn't my best photo ever take, but it's a memory for me. I loved playing in Spring park when I was little and looking up at the Tuscumbia Water Tower on the skyline. 

We had an early dinner with my Grandma and Pawpaw and then retired to the basement for relaxing on the couch and watching the Three Stooges. Quality TV. I laughed out loud at several parts. Start your kids early on the Stooges. My dad did this for us. Strong comedic foundations.


I didn't bring my puppies home, but I made up for it by doing a lot of snuggling and treat sneaking to this fellow. Andrea's dog, Charlie. He's incredibly sweet.



 
And finally on Saturday night we received this photo in a text from Margaret.
Gray drew this picture of his Uncle Map.
The realism in this is quite remarkable for a three-year-old artist.
Example:


It was a wonderful weekend and I wished it could have lasted longer. As I always do with a good trip home. 

No comments: