Tuesday, June 11, 2013

A Blessing.

February 28, 2013


So this February brought some exciting news: A baby Crockett, affectionately named "Peanut", is going to make her debut this fall.

This was a WONDERFUL surprise.

If you've seen my twitter on the sidebar or follow me on facebook this is not ground-breaking news.

Still, Matt and I have held this blessing close for Peanut's privacy, as well as our own. We didn't spread the news outside our parents until we had our 12 week doctor appointment.

I am just at the halfway mark this week.

This little blessing has already changed our lives and I cannot wait to meet her in person. I'm feeling little kicks inside my tummy and we listen to the heartbeat almost daily with our home doppler (A great purchase from Amazon. Probably the best $30 I ever spent.) These are things I was not sure I would be able to experience. The magnitude of how fortunate I am hits me daily. Even through the first trimester "sickies" I was thankful for them.

Every day I pray a prayer of thankfulness for this sweet blessing. I also pray that this blessing to our family grows, thrives and blesses everyone she comes in contact with. She is truly a gift. One that was long prayed for.

In fact, the name we have picked out for her means "she who brings happiness". Purely a coincidence as we had picked the name long before we knew what it meant, but the meaning is absolutely perfect for what she has already meant in our lives.

16 weeks

I will probably start a private baby blog for family/friends updates. When I do I'll ask for emails if anyone wants to follow along.

1 comment:

allison said...

I am still just so excited for you both. Do I get to take any credit for how cute she will inevitably be since i introduced y'all? :) I am just so happy I could burst for you. you will be wonderful parents!