Thursday, February 20, 2014

Things I'm loving

1. Aden and Anais Swaddle Blankets.


These aren't cheap, but they're worth every penny. Bea loves to chew on them, cuddle with them, and be swaddled in them. I don't swaddle her in them as her night swaddle since she can pull out of them and wake herself up - but for just cuddle swaddles they are perfect. I use them in the bed, carseat, stroller and everywhere. They are soft, lightweight and perfect for the weather we have down here. We have several different sets, but of course I'm partial to the bee design. We use these daily in our house.




Bea plays with this every morning. She bats at the toys, grabs the toy rings, kicks the piano, talks to the baby in the mirror and basically can entertain herself with this toy long enough for me to eat some breakfast. Another baby item that gets daily use in our house. 



I LOVE THIS STUFF.  

Confession: I am not a fan of Nutella. 

Shocking I know, I'm just not a huge fan of the hazelnut flavor. I can eat it, but I don't just LOVE it. So when I saw these spreads by Hershey that are just CHOCOLATE in all it's glory I was stoked. I eat a lot of peanut butter and apple slices as a snack. Now I add in a spoonful of this chocolate goodness with the peanut butter and my apples are heavenly. 

P.S. Can't believe this stuff is selling on Amazon for over $10 a jar. Makes me want to go stock up at the grocery store and start an at home business....

4. Songza


This website/app is wonderful. It gives you great music playlists based on the time of day, the time of year, etc. Like on Saturday morning it will suggest music for working out, sleeping, cleaning, or going to the beach. Lately it's been offering music for watching the Olympics. There is an children's instrumental music station for sleeping that I used with Bea EVERY night when she was first home from the hospital. Now I turn on this app when we go for a run and I put the phone down by her head in the stroller. She will be out for a nap before I reach the end of our street. I also used this app for great running mixes when we were prepping for the 1/2 marathon last year. It's free and isn't filled with commercials. I highly recommend it.



I got this DVD for Bea and I love it myself. It's classical music pieces set to cute animations. It's designed for babies and small children. It includes music from Tchaikovsky, Puccini, Irving Berlin, Schumann, and other composers. The music is very recognizable and pretty. The visuals are engaging and the segments are short and easy to watch. Bea seems to like "The Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy" from The Nutcracker the most. It's a sweet little DVD. It's nice to have the music in the house and I'm glad it holds Bea's short attention for just a little bit.


Photo taken in Glacier National Park, August 2011


Bea, January 2014

This app cost $2.99 but it's been worth it. It takes your photos and makes them look like a water color painting. I love the results and I love playing with it. Every photo seems to turn out differently. I've printed a couple of these and they look great printed too. 

7. Publix Pizza Dough

It's in the bakery section. Let it sit unrefrigerated for at least an hour before using. It's easy, cheap and delicious.


Just thought I'd pass these recommendations on. 

Happy Friday!

(Little Bit is 15 weeks old! Time is FLYING BY!!!)

Gratuitous photo/painting by Waterlogue of the cutest baby in the world!


2 comments:

Wow Thinking said...

Nice One, Call us at 1-888-582-4887 for Outlook Technical Support Phone Number Canada +1-888-582-4887 if you have any issue or problem with Microsoft.

James said...

There are numerous City and Guild electrical courses you can take advantage of. Most training centres will offer you a minimum of six courses to choose from, enabling you to gain an accredited certification, cursos de ti online