Saturday, January 5, 2008

Happy New Year~


We had a WONDERFUL time in New York. We were very fortunate to have no flight delays or any travel problems. We made our way around the city like true New Yorkers. In fact, next time we travel up there, we're just going to purchase a 7 day subway/bus pass. It's so easy to get around town that way.


We went to: The Natural History Museum, Rockefeller Center, The Top of the Rock, The Nintendo Store (for Matt), Serendipity (for me - I got the owner of the store to autograph a cookbook for me!), The Museum of Modern Art, Tiffany's, Bloomingdales, The Empire State Building, Macy's, Time's Square, Chinatown, The World Trade Center site, Battery Park, St. Patrick's Cathedral, The Cathedral of St. John the Divine, Central Park, Strawberry Fields, Carniege Hall and Harlem. We saw: Mary Poppins on Broadway (totally awesome), an Opera at Lincoln Center starring Placido Domingo, and Handel's Messiah at Carnegie Hall. We shopped and at hot dogs and pretzels from street vendors. It was very cold but we didn't care. It made if feel more like Christmas in the city.


We got home in the afternoon of Christmas Eve so we were just in time to start the Christmas festivities with the family. It was wonderful to spend time with all my aunts, uncles, and cousins who I don't get to see that often. We had a wonderul Christmas. My parents came down to Tallahassee the weekend after Christmas to give me a ride down since Matt had come down right after Christmas.


We watched Alabama play and Auburn play the next day. Our New Year's Eve was very relaxed, as was our New Year's day. We did have black-eyed peas so hopefully our year will go well. This year I resolve to: 1. Eat healthier and excersise more, and 2. Learn a new language (I can't decide whether to work on what little French I remember from college or just go straight to Spanish). We'll see how those go. I decided not to overdo the resolutions because the more I make, the harder they are to keep.


It's been chilly down here the past few days, but it's starting to warm up. Matt wants to go the beach one day this weekend. Winter beach is always fun. Lots of shells and a brisk wind.


Happy New Year to all of you!!! I wish you the best New Year with blessings abundant.



No comments: