Thursday, January 24, 2008

Itrain, Utrain

Tonight has been a wonderful night. It was a chilly, rainy day down here today, so we had some warm chili for supper and have enjoyed sitting by the fire. Matt's been reading a new book and I've been working on a paint by numbers picture I got at Michael's. It's a gorgeous picture of roses. I've never done a paint by number before that wasn't in a children's coloring book or something. So far it is going well. There is something therapeutic about painting in all the weird shaped blobs. I think it's going to look very nice when it all comes together.

Stevie and Wil have enjoyed us being home as well. We took them for a walk this afternoon so they are having a pretty good day. Steve gets so excited when I put my workout shoes on each afternoon now. She just KNOWS this is the day I'm going to take them on a walk outside. Even when we don't go for a walk she still stays excited and chases me around as I do weights. I accidentally stepped on her the other day so now she still "plays" with my feet as I move around but she's better to watch out for where I step.

My new year resolutions are still going well. I haven't learned any sort of foreign language yet, but, I have been able to stick to doing some sort of exercise everyday. Some days it's all I can do to just do a few sit ups and bicep curls and other days I can go for more than 20 minutes on the elliptical. I may not be consistent, but at least I'm getting something in there everyday. Every calorie burned helps right?

I've been using a workout system that has been really great for me. It's downloadble exercises for your MP3 player. I downloaded them off of www.itrain.com. It's a really awesome way to have a personal trainer without being glued to a video or DVD on your TV or going to the gym. The person on the track talks you through your exercises and music plays in the background. The music is very helpful to keep a fast beat when you're running or on the elliptical and the strength training is really helpful to building muscle. The downloads are around 5-6 dollars a piece and have really been helpful for me. It kind of gives me the extra push I need when I'm working out alone at my house.

Matt and I are both falling asleep in front of the fire. It's been a wonderfully lazy night. Me, Matt and his mustache bid you good night. (He loves growing a beard and he normally shaves his upper lip while growing the beard on the rest of his face, but lately he's let that grow as well and lo and behold! A mustache appeared! I'm trying to talk him into trimming it like chuck norris. If I suceed of course there will be pictures.)

1 comment:

Julie Young said...

Good luck with the working out! You are doing a lot better than me. Keep it up.
Please let us see pictures if the mustache growing is successfull!