Saturday, February 2, 2008

This week is an exciting one. We are heading to Gatlinburg on Friday afternoon for a weekend trip! Matt suprised me with this trip for Valentine's day. We've both been talking about seeing the mountains for a while now. He even arranged for a hotel that accepts pets so Steve and Wil could come! We're planning on hiking in Cade's Cove, shopping at the outlets, ice skating at Ober Gatlinburg and having delicious pancakes with maple syrup. We hope we'll see some snow. Matt wants to take something to use as a sled because a person he works with went up a few weeks ago and told him about an area where people were playing and sledding in the snow. I'm really excited.

Today is a beautiful day so we'll probably take the dogs to the park or for a long walk. I think they'll like that. We dont' have any plans this weekend. We're just taking it easy since we'll be gone next weekend. Margaret is coming down the weekend after Valentine's day and we're super excited about that. Matt is making plans for her arrival already.

I'm working on getting our old pictures from Matt's law school laptop saved onto a thumb drive so we'll have them in case the laptop breaks down. I'll post some of the good ones on here. I haven't seen those pictures in a while but there should be ones of our first apartment, Steve when we brought her home, our wedding and our honeymoon. They should be fun to see. There are even pictures from our first time we went to Gatlinburg on our 2nd anniversary. I remember thinking I had this marriage thing down then...and I really had NO clue ....I suppose I'll just keep learning more and more every year. :-)

Have a wonderful week everyone! Happy Groundhog Day...our groundhog saw his shadow....6 more weeks of winter! ugh! (right?)

No comments: