Monday, January 21, 2008

Step into the freezer...

Not much to report lately. We've just been settling down after Christmas and working a lot. I finally got all the Christmas stuff put away this week. I left the Nativity set out the longest. I guess if you're going to leave some sort of Christmas decor out late it's better to leave your Nativity than the christmas lights on the porch, that IS a little tacky. :-)

We went to Destin and shopped on Saturday. It was fun to look around in all the shops and see what bargains we could find. I got a nice case for my new computer. I purchased a nice laptop from Sam's so I could have a portable way to work on my graphic design. Hopefully it will pay off in the long run.

We haven't seen any snow down here of course. The ladies I work with talked about the last time they remember snow in Tallahassee. It seems like it was about 15 years ago, maybe more than that. When we went to the Dicken's Christmas in Thomasville they had a "snow" play area where they had a snow machine make snow for kids to play in. The kids were having a blast. As I watched them, I realized that unless they travel around, this could be the only snow they have ever seen. Pretty wild. They were out there in short sleeves because the air was so warm that night. They have no idea what it feels like to play in a real snowfall. Especially for southerners because we don't own any snow clothes. We're stuck playing in layers of old clothes with socks pulled over our tennis shoes so our feet don't get wet as quickly.

Today is a beautiful day and a nice day to have a break from work. We're heading to the mall for some window shopping and lunch. Hope you all have a wonderful week.

1 comment:

Julie Young said...

Hope you enjoyed your day off! We sure did!