Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Home Sweet Home.

We had a wonderful trip home. I got to eat at Ricatoni's which is probably my favorite restaurant in all the world. Seriously, I've had some pretty good meals elsewhere but nothing tastes as good as the food at Ricatoni's and it smells so good too. I always get some Ricatoni's dipping spices in my stocking for Christmas. Speaking of food I can't get in Tallahassee, I always buy a couple of packages of Bishop's BBQ when we're home too. It makes for a great supper for me and Matt. You can't get BBQ that tastes that fresh in Tallahassee, even if you bought it at a restaurant. Bishop's is just that good.

I also miss Trowbridges, Court Street chicken fingers (yes I know it's not there anymore but for a while in high school and college I ate there almost every Friday night), Princeton's baked potato soup (again, I know it's gone), Sparky's hot dogs, Palace milk shakes. The other day we were discussing places we ate during college at work and I thought about City Cafe and Hooligan's in Tuscaloosa. Just writing about these delicious restaurants makes my stomach growl.

I had a great birthday. It was wonderful to see family. I had been looking forward to going home for so long now that I'm back in Tallahassee it's kind of a let down. I'll have to plan another trip home so I'll have something to look forward to.

2 comments:

Julie Young said...

I love all those place to eat also!! I hate that some of them are gone now. Come back soon!

Haley said...

This post made me so hungry I can hardly stand it. And I'm only about 2 hours from Florence and an hour from Tuscaloosa. I can't imagine being all the way down in Florida and not being able to just drive a couple hours to satisfy one of those cravings. Yum. City Cafe. Can't beat it.