Thursday, March 6, 2008

Happy Birthday!

Today is my 27th birthday. We are heading home this afternoon for weekend birthday festivities. It should be a fun break. I haven't been home since Christmas so this visit is LONG overdue. We've done a few birthday celebratin' things this week. Tuesday night Matt took me to see "Juno", it was a fun movie and we laughed a lot. We really related to the couple who was trying to adopt until the husband turned into a bit of a jerk. The lady who loves babies (me) the guy who likes music and played in bands (Matt) living the yuppie lifestyle. If they had dogs it would have REALLY been like us. I enjoyed the plot and the dialogue and the soundtrack was AWESOME. I went to Target and bought it immediately after the movie and we have listened to it constantly ever since. It's just great music to listen to. Definitely my and Matt's style.

We don't have any trips planned for this month and that's unusual, but, Matt mentioned going to Destin to shop if I got money for my birthday so that's always a possibility. We're going back to Disney for sure in May and maybe again sometime sooner. We got the special on tickets the last time we went and we had planned to go to EPCOT for my birthday. We just haven't nailed down a specific time.

Steve and Wil are very concerned because I've packed the car, but, I haven't put them in the car yet. I'm going to finished packing up and I'm sure the dogs will be in the car waiting when Matt pulls up after work. They are always VERY sure they will not get left.

2 comments:

Julie Young said...

I didn't know that you guys were trying to adopt?

Ashley Crocks said...

We're not. We just related more to the older couple than the pregnant teenager. Kind of makes me feel old... :-)