Saturday, August 9, 2008

An Ode To Andrea - My sister


I was recently informed (by Andrea) that I never blogged about her. She is my one and only little sister. It's just the two of us in our family and I'm thankful for that. We've always liked it that way. She is 4 years younger than me, taller than me, has browner hair than me, and browner eyes than me, but is no where near as cool as me...(just kidding).

She is one of the funniest people I know. She likes to sleep, the color purple, turtle cheesecake, spaghetti, chick flicks, and horn rimmed glasses. She is not very neat, but, always seems to know where something is. She likes products like moisturizer, shampoos and body sprays. She always has the latest greatest products and I love to shower at her place and try them.

She likes to dress casually, but, has good tastes in clothes. She always surprises me when I'm home for a visit. We see family, go shopping, hang around the house and she wears nothing but a t shirt and pajama pants. Sometimes she might put on jeans. And then on Sunday morning she is decked out with an awesome dress that she just bought or my mom made for her last week with jewelry, nice hair and high heels. She gets to wear blue scrubs to work so that is really good for her. She also buys a new pair of running shoes every Christmas with her Christmas money but I have yet to see her run in them.

She has Crohn's disease and was really sick for a while when she was in high school. Luckily she was in the hospital in B'ham. This is lucky because I was in Tuscaloosa at the time and I could come cheer her up. She's the only person I know who has gone over a week without eating. (not her idea of course) She doesn't like for me to boss her, go to Hobby Lobby or Micheal's, or being near camel crickets (Matt or daddy has to kill them for her.

When she was little she had a doll with old-lady hair named Laura. She liked to play house and pretend she was a cheerleader. She twirled with Muscle Shoals city twirlers and marched in a few parades (even though there was no chance Mars Hill would ever have majorettes). She still impresses me with her twirling abilities. She was a bit of a tattle tale, but I admit to going as far as I could to aggravate her, like a good big sister should.

Besides Matt, she is my best friend. She always gets my jokes and laughs at them. She knows about me practically better than anyone and still likes me. She always can make me laugh and she doesn't take unimportant things too seriously. She was also really great when we changed our Christmas schedule to help out me and Matt. That meant a lot. She is a great sister and I feel bad she thought she was left out of these blogs. Matt has so many siblings and for me there's just her so I certainly don't want her to feel left out. Even if we weren't sisters, if we met we'd still like each other. Love you, Andrea!!!


Andrea and Rebecca
She also does NOT like birds. (unless she is taking pictures of them)


Snow day.

She loves her niece Scuba Steve.

And Steve loves her.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heavens to Betsy, that girl has the Devil's eyes!

Anonymous said...

When she was young, we thought her spinning head was a cute parlor trick. Karen placed the mixing bowls on her head from time to time and baked the finest cakes and breads.

Anonymous said...

I know Ricky Willingham, and you, sir, are no Ricky Willingham.

Anonymous said...

She sounds like a delightful person...