Monday, August 4, 2008

Martin's Birthday Weekend Adventures

All dressed up before we headed to Downtown Disney.

Matt and Martin after the Summit Plummet at Blizzard Beach

The Summit Plummet at Blizzard Beach


Martin and Maggie.



Matt and I
We had a wonderful visit with Martin and Maggie this weekend. We went to the beach, got some sushi and saw IronMan on Friday. Then we headed down to Orlando early Saturday morning and went to Blizzard Beach and Pleasure Island which is all part of Disney. It was SO much fun. The places were crowded but we got to do all the things we wanted to do. We rode the lazy river, a couple of innertube rides, the Teamboat Springs which is a family raft ride and Matt and Martin braved Summit Plummet, the 12 story super slide. We went to several shows at the Adventurers' Club in Pleasure Island as well as two shows of at the Comedy Warehouse. It was nice to get down there before they close it. We walked through a couple of the dance clubs but we didn't stay. We preferred the comedy. It was nice to have such a fun break and to spend it with such fun people.
A busy time is coming up for us. Matt and I are counting the days until our trip back down to Orlando next weekend. It's the first open date that we'll be able to use our Season Pass tickets. We're splurging and staying at the Coronado Springs resort on Disney property. It's supposed to have a really nice pool so we definitely plan to swim.
On a side note, if you ever want to improve your body image, just go to a touristy water park for the day. There were some impressive displays squeezed into bikinis and speedos. I'm impressed with their self confidence, but I'm also shocked at the sizes of some people. It inspires you to excersise. I want to be able to keep up with my children, not huffing and puffing behind them. Or even worse, there were several kids huffing and puffing behind us! Kids just seem to be getting bigger and bigger. Matt and I discuss how we want to feed our future children and it's almost like they won't get to try a lot of foods that other kids probably eat daily. It's a shame that it's so hard to find a middle ground, but, I guess it's better to be safe than sorry. While it made me feel better about how I look in a swimsuit when I saw the bravery of some of the adults, I did not feel that good when I passed a 12-year-old boy on the way up to a slide while he huffed and puffed up the stairs....





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, your husband is h-o-t.

Anonymous said...

No one steals a girl from Ron Burgandy! I'll have his head on a platter, mark my words...

Anonymous said...

Burgandy, you stay away from my mother, Dorothy Mantooth.