Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Infertility Awareness Week

The week of April 24th through May 1st is Infertility Awareness Week. This is something that is very personal to me and I wanted to mention it on the ol' blog. I found this poem over a year ago and I think it really describes infertility from someone who knows:




The robber of childhood dreams,
The thief of wifely desires,
The take of the assumed.

Cry, scream, yell,
Feel alone even with the arms of your husband around you.

The monthly reminder,
The fallen hopes.

Dreams gone,
Shattered like a fragile glass.

The ever-empty arms that ache and hurt with the sounds of children laughing.

The hidden pain at baby showers,
The ignorance of people asking you, "When is your turn?"

The failure.

The child who walks by looking like the one you dream of, long to hold.
The ever-present deep knife in your heart.


Trusting that He will never leave us or forsake us

Knowing that "[Nothing] will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus" (Romans 8:39 NIV)

Believing that "I can do everything through Him who gives me strength" (Philippians 4:13 NIV)

Hoping that "You and I may be mutually encouraged by each other's faith" (Romans 1:11 NIV)

No comments: