Friday, November 14, 2008

Christmas in November...

For those of you who are sticklers for the seasons, don't hate me...I've started decorating for Christmas...

I know, I know, it's not even Thanksgiving yet! But y'all have to understand something: Matt and I LOVE Christmas. We started dating seriously during the Christmas holidays. We got married 5 days before Christmas. We had Christmas trees and candy canes at our wedding reception. We love it.

Since we've moved down here, we are out of town almost 3 weeks during the holidays (Thanksgiving to the New Year). Because of that, if we wait until December, we only have a few weeks to enjoy the decorations. And we have a LOT of decorations. We have 2 full size trees and tons of garland and lights. It's a lot of work to put them out. If they're only going to be out a few weeks it's almost not worth it. So I put them out early, so I can enjoy them longer. Matt did suggest leaving our Christmas decorations up year round because he loves the way they look, but I thinks that's going a bit overboard. I like the special, distinctive, once a year look of Christmas decor. It's homey and warm and comforting. Our little house looks like a little Christmas cottage from the inside.

So I admit that it sounds crazy. But I have reasons for my madness. When I take down the tree in January I'll be glad I got to enjoy the festive look as long as possible.

I'm glad for the extra time to embrace the early holiday season, get ahead on my shopping, sing a few more carols and just enjoy this time of year

3 comments:

Julie Young said...

Could you PLEASE talk to Jud! I am wanting to put ours up as well, but he doesn't! Like you said, if you wait until after Thanksgiving, you only have about 5 wks with everything up. Some may say that is plenty, but not for me! :)

Tiffany Norris said...

I know so many people who are doing that this year! I am a stickler--the day after Thanksgiving. But I understand your reasoning. :)

Anonymous said...

Pictures when you are finished please! I loved the ones of your new decor and chandelier so must see Christmas. Look forward to seeing you soon!