Saturday, January 10, 2009

Start spreadin' the news....

New York, New York! We flew up to NYC on New Year's Day for a fun weekend celebration. We did so much in just a few days. We are always able to pack so much into one trip. We saw The Little Mermaid and Shrek the Musical on Broadway. We saw La Boheme at the Metropolitan Opera House. We went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art, Macy's, Bryant Park and tons of other little places around the city. I even found a flea market in the bottom of a parking garage. It was a wonderful trip and we always find other stuf we want to do so we HAVE to go back. haha.

Our sweet, but, tiny hotel room.

Times Square, New Year's Day 2009


Matt loves NYC hot dogs.
New York and football games are the only places I've ever seen Matt eat a hotdog.


We saw Shrek the Musical. It was really funny.



I was way too excited to see this poster. We didn't see the play, I've heard the play was actually really bad. I basically only wanted to see it for the eye candy.


Rockefeller Center - New Year's Day 2009


Me!


Ice skating. So fun. We just watched this time though.


Love this picture.

Grand Central Station
Metropolitain Museum of Art

Egyptian Temples. (can be seen in one of my favorite movies - "When Harry Met Sally"


Suits of Armor


Degas - Ballerina
(I can't remember the real name of this art piece.)


Van Gogh - Irises

When we got out of the museum it was snowing. It was very light and tiny flakes, but, it was still snowing and really pretty.

View of the Empire State Building from Macy's


Matt outside his favorite place - The Metropolitan Opera House

The Swarovski crystal chandelier in the Met Opera.


Times Square.


More Times Square.


My rockin' 2009 glasses.

This play was really good, too.

Fountain in Bryant Park. Totally awesome.
(I'm a big Project Runway fan.)

The Chrysler Building


We went to the New York Public Library but it was closed. The lions were good enough to pose for some pictures, though.

Another view of the Empire State Building.

Matt found a comic book store outside the Empire State Building.

More Daniel Radcliffe madness. He's so cute!

Shopping for fabric in the fashsion district.

New York Skyline on the way out.
Leaving New York's never easy......

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved the REM quote.

The Little Family said...

These pictures are great and I'm very jealous! Glad yall had a good trip :)

Anonymous said...

awesome trip!

Julie Young said...

You guys always go on the coolest trips! I LOVE all the pictures!

Tiffany Norris said...

Beautiful pictures! I LOVE New York. Sad the library was closed, though.

Ashley Crocks said...

Yeah, it opened at 1, but by then we were in another part of the city and about to head to the airport. Oh well...I guess, now we have to go back sometime....

Liz Harrell said...

How FUN! I wish I could go back soon, that is one fantastic city.