Thursday, March 26, 2009

Backyardigans

My parents are in town through the weekend. We’re hoping to do a little yard work with their help. They graciously volunteered to help out. The backyard desperately needs some attention. We never go out there. We’ve got to dress it up a little and make it more appealing. Matt is planning on creating a serious vegetable garden where he will plant and replant according to season. I’m hopeful this will work. Growing our own vegetables is always cheaper than buying them at the store. There’s nothing cooler than needing a tomato and being able to walk in to your backyard to choose one. We’re also going to plant some herbs, which I love. Fresh herbs give your food a lot of flavor and make it look pretty. Our work may get rained out, though. It looks like it’s already pretty heavy in Alabama and it’s headed our way. I read there could be 4-8 inches by Friday night. Yuck. But we need the rain for sure. I hope backyard pictures will be in a blog in the near future. After the backbreaking work it was to do the front yard, I kind of want to run away when I look at the back yard. Or at least run inside and watch TV.


3 comments:

Liz Harrell said...

We're so looking forward to gardening this year. It's the first year that we're expanding past the regular herb/pepper plants, so fingers crossed for us! :)

And thank you so much for your kind comment yesterday, it was so sweet and I really appreciate it.

Hugs,
Liz

Tiffany Norris said...

Like the new blog look! Good luck with the garden--I've always wanted to do one but haven't quite gotten around to it yet. :)

Anonymous said...

I think the garden is going to be spectacular.