Thursday, March 12, 2009

Birthday Vacation Extravaganza!

I had a WONDERFUL birthday trip. If you have the chance to take advantage of the free ticket to Disney on your birthday DO IT! I have never had so many people tell me happy birthday before! It’s not like under normal circumstances you wear a “Happy Birthday” button on your actual birthday (or any other day for that matter). The weather couldn’t have been better, the sun was shining, the sky was crisp and blue and the clouds were fluffy.

Since we have season passes, instead of the free ticket, my birthday present was a gift card loaded with the equivalent amount of a ticket. I had a blast shopping. We went to the Polynesian hotel in Disney, we rode all my favorite rides in the Magic Kingdom, we had an empty monorail car all to ourselves to EPCOT, we took the boat to Hollywood Studios and ate dinner at a delicious restaurant there. Then after going back to the hotel for a while we went to Winterland/Summerland miniature golf and Downtown Disney. And this was all on Friday!

The entire weekend was amazing. I couldn’t have asked for a better way to celebrate my birthday. Above are some pictures from the weekend. Starting in the top left corner: It’s me and Matt in the Polynesian, riding the teacups, wet after Splash Mountain, riding the empty monorail car, playing the “Don’t Waste It” recycling game in EPCOT, saving the world with Kim Possible in the World Showcase and enjoying delish Italian dips and breads in Mama Melrose’s Italian Ristorante in Hollywood Studios.

2 comments:

Tiffany Norris said...

1. Happy belated birthday!
2. Love the giant picture box.
3. You get a free ticket to Disney on your birthday?

Anonymous said...

Very cool picture collage. Loved it.