Monday, March 23, 2009

Cheer for a Monday.

Happy Spring! Boy, do I miss having a spring break!

We had a fun weekend. Matt’s friend from high school came down for a visit. We ate tasty seafood, enjoyed sitting and talking on the beach and watched a little basketball.

I cooked my first gulf shrimp – we’re talking so fresh that were swimming in the gulf that morning. We bought them from a seafood vendor down here and when I first saw them they had their heads and everything. They didn’t look like shrimp from the grocery store! The sales lady literally “popped” the heads off for me (I don’t know if I could have handled that messiness in my own kitchen). I also bought some delicious bay scallops from the same place. I boiled the shrimp in balsamic vinegar and Old Bay. They were delicious and they were HUGE! For the scallops, I first covered them in salt, pepper, garlic, rosemary and a little flour. Then I heated some olive oil and squeezed a little lemon into the oil. Then I sautéed the scallops in the oil. We served everything with lemon spaghetti (an Everyday Italian recipe) and steamed asparagus. It was such a good dinner. I was shocked at how well everything turned out. I don’t know if I could repeat it. Haha.

Now I have a huge pile of laundry to get to this week. I am thankful that we have enough clothes that I don’t have constantly do laundry. Wish me luck!

Proverbs 31:21 – When it snows, she has no fear for her household; for all of them are clothed in scarlet.

3 comments:

Julie Young said...

That is interesting! It made me hungry for some seafood!!

Tiffany Norris said...

Isn't every day at the beach Spring Break? ;)

Anonymous said...

Help! I'm naked. You need to put some clothes on me, mom.