Monday, January 25, 2010

Long time no blog

Ok - I have been a horrible blogger as of late. I guess the biggest reason for that is up until this past Saturday I have done nothing. Nothing but go to work and come home. Nothing but cooking dinner, working on projects for the event on Saturday. Nothing but watching TV with Matt and snuggling with the dogs. Normally I blog about places we traveled, people we saw, etc. Since we didn't go anywhere or see anyone I failed to blog and that's bad. I need to blog about my mundane life so one day when I show the archival footage of my blog on my great grand children's hologram 3D TV/Computer/popcorn maker/cellphone they can marvel over what normal life was like back in 2010.

Thoughts for today....

1. Happy belated Birthday to my sweet boston terrier, Stevie. She was born January 16, 2004, which makes her 6 years old. She's still active, loves to play and has never met a stranger. She is tied with Wil as the best dog EVER. She rocks. She loves treats, she always comes when I call her, she loves to sit right beside you (prefers to wedge herself between you and the arm rest), she loves to cover her face with paws or a blanket when she sleeps, she loves to play tug'o war, she likes to dig the plastic sqeaky part out of her stuffed toys, she will chew apart a rubber toy into hundreds of tiny pieces that spread out in a little circle around her and as she does this she couldn't be happier. She watches us, gauges our reactions and LOVES to hear "Good Girl, Steve". She is very intuitive, she's loving and she's pretty much the most awesome dog ever. She loves to snuggle with Wil and tolerates him when he curls up to sleep, literally, on top of her. She barks when it's time for dinner and howls like a hound dog. She loves car rides, going on walks and fleece blankets. If you are lucky to find a dog that is half as great as Stevie, you've got yourself a pretty awesome dog.

2. The cold weather is gone and Florida is back to it's 70 weather in January and all is right with the world. My feet are no longer constantly cold, even with socks.

3. We saw Avatar in 3D/IMAX and it was a pretty amazing way to see a movie. The 3D/IMAX preview for the movie about the Hubble telescope repairs got my and Matt's nerd blood going. The way the tools were floating off their suits as they worked in space...it was amazing. The 3D effects in Avatar were pretty cool, but nothing when compared to the realism of the astronauts just working, which makes sense considering the astronauts were REAL, not computer generated. I liked Avatar, the visuals were amazing. I wish the forests really glowed like that. It was like the stars sprinkled part of their sparkle down on the jungle. The story was a little predictable and I admit getting a little cynical during the movie as the natives with loincloths and arrows planned an attack on some serious military equipment....I mean, you know the natives are going to triumph in the end. How can they possibly pull of a legitimate win against that machinery without even armor to protect their blue flesh? I was doubtful and was afraid the ending would be cheesy, but I was pleasantly surprised. It got violent, and was intense for sure, but I enjoyed it when I wasn't sure I was going to. All in all, a fun event.

4. Saturday was Marg's baby shower in B'ham. I was a hostess along with some other very fun friends' of Marg's who have become by friends as well. Her son, Gray, is set to arrive very soon (late Feb. or early March). She and Tyson were showered well by family and friends. I made some blankets, we bought him a killer outfit in NYC, and Matt got him an awesome Pirates of the Carribbean nightlight. It was very fun to hang with friends and family in 'Bama, even for a quick weekend visit. Pictures to come!

5. Love going to Alabama Walmarts for their rockin' cheap Alabama and Auburn gear. Got a sweet National Championship/Rose Bowl pennant. Roll Tide!

1 comment:

Tiffany Norris said...

I hear ya on the not doing much, thus not blogging thing. But happy birthday to Stevie!