Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Catching up: April 2011

Time to play "catch-up" with the lives of the crazy Crocketts. First up: April 2011. What exactly happened that month? I blogged about my birthday (which happened in March) and then I blogged about sushi (which was delicious). Let me dig back in my memory for what happened the rest of that month.

First, good news! I had been unemployed since October 2010 due to some cutbacks at the job I got when I moved down to Tampa. This was a huge bummer. I enjoyed that job, liked the location and especially liked the steady paycheck. We had been cutting corners and praying a lot since October. After many interviews and job applications, I was offered a job at the University of South Florida in April. What a blessing that came just in time.

Before I started working at USF, I baby sat this sweet puppy, Lily. She belongs to a good friend of ours and I was more than happy to stop by his place everyday to take Lily for a walk. 

I went home for my birthday and had some delicious sushi with Matt's family and was named the official "Queen of Aunts". Thanks Gray!

While I was home for MY birthday THIS little dude had the audacity to continue growing and turn one. We had a frank discussion and I asked him to stop turning into such a big boy. No luck, now he's talking and calling me "Ashey" - I melt. Seriously, I melt. 
He turns two this month. This has GOT to stop. 

Celebrated my day a little early with my favorite birthday treat. Strawberry cake. 
And my favorite birthday guests, my family.

Took some photos of this awesome family. Little dude kinda cooperated. Hard to look back at these photos now and see how much he's grown.

Goofed off with my sister in my Pawpaw's 1950 Ford. We joked about taking a photo of us laying on the hood of the car like in automobile magazines. Andrea was reluctant as she didn't want to hurt Pawpaw's car. Daddy assured her it was ok. She hopped up, posed and then we heard a thump. I cracked up and Andrea turned red and slid down. Luckily she did no permanent damage - unless it was to her ego. 

Enjoyed delicious food off the grill along with my strawberry cake. Doesn't get much tastier. My mouth is already watering thinking about my dinner at home for my birthday this year. 

Hmmm...most of those photos are actually from February. I looked through all my old photos and could find NO photos from March or April of last year. Bizarre. Normally I'm always snapping away. Guess I took a photo taking break when I started the blogging break. 

Anyways, back to the April updates, I started working at USF and was relieved to get back into the swing of working. When I'm at work I romanticize being at home all day and getting laundry, cleaning, errands and other household stuff done. I imagine all the crafts I could do. All the thrift store shopping and clothes making I could be doing. But in reality, when I HAD to be at home all day I was bored. I had no extra money to go to the thrift store or the crafts store. There's nothing like losing a job to make you grateful for a 9-5 gig. Even if it does keep you away from your home way too long. 

We also settled into our new rental place in Tampa. We finally had enough space to move ALL our belongings down here and completely empty our house in Tallahassee. Another blessing came: we were able to place the Tallahassee house up for rent. We had it on the market to sell for a year with no bites. We had it on the rental market for less than a week. It was a month for us to be incredibly grateful. 

No comments: