Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Long Time, No Blog - A month is TOO LONG

I have been working hard to get back into a schedule. I feel as if I have been totally flipped upside down since March. In April we searched for the house, secured the loan, agonized over the loan, chewed on fingernails over the loan, closed on the loan. – Crazy month since we were also super afraid to spend any extra cash in case we needed it for the closing. In May we started moving, painted the house, went to Disneyworld, went home for Mother’s day, kept moving, kept painting, MORE moving, MORE painting, passed up a trip to Perdido and Gulf Shores because we were so tired from moving and painting. Oh yeah, and we unpacked, organized and settled in. In June we continued to unpack and paint and finished up just in time to host my family for a week and then Matt’s family the weekend immediately after. Then, just as the families were leaving and we were catching our breath, I left for Lakeland, FL for a 3 day conference. Anyways, long story short, we have been ultra busy.

I know I have promised new house pictures on here for the last 4 blogs, but I am having trouble getting several pieces of technology to work at the same time (ex. Digital camera – Where are the batteries? In the Wii remote of course, are the charged? Not hardly…). Plus, tonight I have to pack up for our trip to Florence for the 4th. I will get pictures posted of the house as soon as I can. I plan to actually take the pictures tonight since I will have the opportunity to show the pictures to grandparents and family members this weekend who are anxious to see what we’ve done with the white box J. But therein lies the problem of first having to straighten the area I am photographing. It will not do to show off my new home with stuff lying all over the place. Especially our bedroom, my grandparents don’t want to see our laundry piles (though notably high they may be). Ok, enough boring house stuff.

I am excited for our trip home. Matt’s family is having a family reunion all weekend at his folks’ house on the river so there will be a lot of skiing, boating, swimming, fishing and tasty food. We’re going on a cruise (party boat) of Wheeler Lake on Friday night that will stop by DoubleHead in time for the fireworks. It’s actually a 3 hour tour (Gilligan’s Island – Hopefully I won’t end up stuck on an island in the middle of Wheeler Lake. There’s no telling how long we’d be trapped there since the island won’t have coconuts or bamboo for us to fashion a raft or home out of.) The cruise should be really fun. I LOVE watching fireworks and especially on a boat in the middle of the river. I’m even looking forward to the SMELL of the river if you can believe that. It’s unique and comforting because it smells like home.

Despite my venting of my stresses on this blog, I do know how fortunate and blessed I am. I have a wonderful husband/best friend and share a lovely home with him that has every modern convenience I could ask for and then some. I can afford the gas to drive home to the Shoals. I have 2 sweet puppy dogs who are very fun, loving and affectionate with minimal doggy accidents and disasters. I can get to the beach in 20 minutes. I can sit in my back yard and eat my hubby’s homegrown tomatoes. I have a job with fun people and relatively low stress that takes me to Orlando occasionally with an excuse to stay and go to DisneyWorld. God has blessed this Crockett family with so many blessings so far and I truly know and appreciate how blessed I am.

Matt – You proposed to me in the most creative and original ways 6 years ago on July 3 and I have never looked back. I love you with all my heart! July 4th is our holiday. Matt and Ashley day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent blog. I am looking forward to the 4th as well. I think we should call in sick tomorrow.