Tuesday, December 22, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

I'm currently at work and counting the hours until I leave and head home to Alabama for Christmas (and these hours are WAY in the double digits.)

I know that Matt and I will have a wonderful visit. It will be filled with family, friends, lots of tasty food, photo opportunities, laughter, memories and fun watching everyone open the presents we got them.

This season can cause a lot of stress and we've certainly been feeling it with planning days off from work, lots of traveling, long drives, splitting up time between the families and did I mention the LONG drive?, but when I read that sentence about how wonderful my visit home will be. I remember all the joys of being at home at Christmas. I remember it doesn't matter how long I'm able to stay somewhere and whether or not I arrive late. What matters is making the most memories and fun with the time I've got. Remember your blessings this Christmas and enjoy your family even when they drive you crazy (which mine NEVER does...right?{..they read this blog....love you! :-)})

Wishing sugarplums, visits from Santa, birthday parties for Jesus, cookies, turkey, hot drink, gumbo and more to all of you and yours this Christmas!

No comments: