Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Count your blessings



I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday. This has been a crazy year for us, full of changes and transitions. I am thankful for my blessings big and small this Thanksgiving.

I'm thankful for God who loves me and my faith that keeps me secure. I'm thankful for Matt, who is such a great best friend, partner, love and constant source of humor in my life. I'm thankful for my parents and their support. My in-laws and the way they always treat me like the 5th child. For Andrea and Margaret who support me and always know the right things to say. I'm thankful for my grandparents and for the example my Grandpa was to me. I'm thankful for Michael and Martin. I'm thankful for my extended family of aunts, uncles, cousins and friends who are like family. I'm thankful for the ladies of the Burns family and SO SO excited for our party this weekend. I'm thankful for Stevie and Wil. They are good companions and a source of entertainment and comfort. I'm thankful that I'm blessed enough to have 2 roofs to choose from for shelter. I'm thankful my pantry is always full and the good health of myself and my family.

Now for the not so serious, but still things I'm extremely blessed to have. I'm thankful for my air conditioning, Michael's craft store, weekend escapes to Disney World, college football, my camera, my dishwasher, the ability to fly home for holidays, down comforters, DVR recordings, Netflix on the Wii, my netbook, blue skies, changing seasons and M&Ms.

There are so many other people and things that bless my life and I am truly grateful for them. One of my favorite movies is "White Christmas" with Bing Crosby and Rosemary Clooney. They sing a great song in that movie called "Count Your Blessings Instead of Sheep":

When I'm worried and I can't sleep. I count my blessings instead of sheep and I fall asleep counting my blessings.

I hope everyone falls asleep counting blessings this Thanksgiving.

After you've stuff yourself with turkey and dressing! Happy Thanksgiving!!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

You are a blessing to me, my dear Ashley!
Aunt Nancy