Friday, December 17, 2010

Auburn vs. Arkansas - October 16, 2010

I am a lifelong Alabama fan. I remember watching the National Championship in 1992 and feeling the emotional roller coaster that football can be. I remember that same Christmas I got a #7 Alabama jersey (for Jay Barker) from Santa. A jersey I still wear on gamedays today. I remember when I decided to transfer from UNA to UA. My loyalty and love for the University of Alabama is not just about sports, it's about the feeling I get when I remember waking around the quad to my classes and hearing Denny Chimes ring the hour. I love the school and I always support our teams. I'm proud to be an alumna.

Having said that, I also love my husband very, very much. He is a lifelong fan as well....for Auburn. One of Bama's biggest rivalries. His birthday falls in late September and for the past 4 years he has purchased tickets to a game as part of his birthday present. He always takes me with him. This year we headed up to Auburn attend the AU vs. Arkansas game. We met up with Matt's brother and one of his high school friends for the game.


Matt and Chris enjoying some Gameday treats.

I do love my husband very much. If not for him I'm not sure I could tolerate all the orange and blue tigers walking around. It's not that any fan was ever rude to me, it just feels like you're at someone else's party or family reunion. I always get homesick for Tuscaloosa at these games.I'm not obnoxious enough to wear an Alabama shirt to these games because I hated to see AU fans take up ticket space at Bama games. I keep to a neutral white.


Matt is really happy to be there. We always have to be in the stadium to see the eagle fly down to midfield.




It was hot in the stands for an October day so I spent a good part of the first half watching the game on the monitors in the shade. It was a tight game and was really fun to see. The guys were having so much fun, I kept my cheers for AR silent. Like I said, no one likes an obnoxious fan that isn't really for either team.


I just enjoyed seeing the boys have such a good time. Plus I had my super nice camera lens and had a ton of fun snapping photos.

I think I'll be able to pull for AU in the National Championship. I'd love to keep that title in the SEC, but I know part of me is still going to be cheering against Auburn. It's ingrained in me. I think that's what makes the sport so fun and our rivalry so awesome. Good Luck Barners and ROLL TIDE ROLL!


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Matt C. said...

Hey,if this guy can do it, anybody can do it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwbsSoW2k-E&feature=player_embedded#!