Thursday, December 9, 2010

My Girly Day

The Saturday after Thanksgiving was my one of my more "girlier" days. I started the day curling hair with a curling iron and listening Petula Clark and ended it watching a Hallmark movie. It was a FABULOUS day.

The ladies in on my mom's side of the family got together on Saturday morning for a tea party. My aunts, cousins, mom, sister and grandma all got dressed up with fun hats and enjoyed petit fours, pink lemonade, mint and apple tea and several other delicious foods. Aunt Tina made a delicious chicken salad. Aunt Nancy's cheese straws were delicious. My mom made one of my favorites: Candied orange and grapefruit peels (these are DELICIOUS) and Grandma made some super tasty toasted pecans.


Here's the spread. The petit fours came from the Victorian Tea Room and they were scrumptious.



Me and my hat. This is actually Matt's grandmother's hat and I added the feathers and bow.


Grandma and her granddaughters.


After the tea party we did a little shopping and then I headed over to meet Margaret and Dale for a ladies night at home. We picked up this DELICIOUS sushi from a place in Florence and ended the night watching a Hallmark Christmas movie lounging on the bed. I couldn't have asked for a more fun and relaxing day.

I recommend a ladies' day of tea parties and sushi for everyone.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Karen said...

You day sounds so fun! Now I want to have a tea party :)