Friday, January 7, 2011

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas...

Early Christmas morning I heard my phone buzz with a text message. It scared me because I couldn't imagine someone texting me at that hour with good news. It was my mom and there was a photo attached....I downloaded the photo, feeling relieved that she wasn't sending me bad news and I saw my parent's front porch covered in snow. I woke Matt up to show him the picture and then I jumped out of bed to see if there was snow in Florence.
The actual phone message photo!
There was! I ran out to the front porch with my camera and started snapping away. I think I woke the whole house.


I have never seen snow like this on Christmas. It was amazing. Just like that moment at the end of White Christmas when they open the barn doors and everyone sees the snow and there's this huge gasp. It was a moment just like that. Absolutely magical.
(of course I called my mom back and started singing "I'm dreaming of a white Christmas". Bing Crosby would have been so proud.)


I love that you can see the snow with the Christmas tree in the background. A rare sight in North Alabama.
Matt and Ed braved the winter weather to head straight to the hot tub.

The Crockett's house.

There's snow in my hair!
My snowman. With M&M eyes and a baby carrot nose.

So fun to wake up to such a fun surprise on Christmas. It was absolutely beautiful and made our breakfast and family time that much more cozy.

No comments: