Thursday, November 8, 2007

Baby, it's cold outside!

If y'all can believe it, this is the first night we've had to turn our heater on. It got pretty chilly down here last night, but a second consecutive night of freezing temps tonight called for a change in the thermostat at the Crockett house. Florida weather is crazy. Especially North Florida. When we were first looking for apartments here, one of the people showing us an apartment found out we were just moving into town and said "Welcome to Florida, where you'll experience all 4 seasons in one day". That is a completely true statement in the Fall, Winter, and Spring. This morning when I left for work it was in the 30's, by the time we came home for lunch it was in the 50's and by this afternoon the high was 65. It's usually that way all winter, then in the spring we'll have days when you can go swimming followed by days where you have to get your heavy coat out again. Of course, in the summer it's mainly HOT- it rains about 3 p.m. everyday, and even though you see the storm clouds and rain from your office window, it's already hot and steamy again by the time you leave work. Matt doesn't mind this because it's good for his plants. For me, however, when I see a storm brewing I just want to go home and curl up with a good book.

We are really looking forward to the long weekend coming up. Matt wants to go hiking/backpacking/camping and I want to go shopping. We'll try to fit it all in. Steve and Wil will be excited for a trip through the woods. It makes me nervous to have Wil out there since he is about the same size as most small woodland creatures. I don't want something to mistake him for prey. I guess if he's on his leash at all time we can keep him close by. He doesn't like the tent though, he wants to go outside over and over and when we can get him to stay IN the tent he just walks around on top of the sleeping bags and tries to get Steve to wrestle, all night long. :-)

I ordered my own copy of the graphic design program I use to develop designs at work so now I can put it on my computer for personal use. I'm so excited. I've already made a couple Christmas cards for people at work with family pictures in them and I'm going to create a photo book for a friend as a Christmas present. Hopefully someday I can make this hobby a career. So, if anyone has any graphic design needs. See me!

Take care! (I'll probably start my christmas decorating this weekend. I'm so ready for the holidays. I love Thanksgiving, and I'm not doing any outdoor decorating, but who cares if I go ahead and start decking my own halls! Matt loves Christmas too so I don't see the harm. God Bless!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ashley! I found you online!! How's life in FL? What have y'all been up to lately? Your canine babies are so cute!! let me know if you're ever in nashvegas! allison

Ashley Crocks said...

Howdy girl!! It's great to hear from you. Do you have a blog? We are great. I will def. let you know if I am every in Nashville! I'd love to see you!