Wednesday, November 14, 2007

We're heading to Orlando on Friday morning for the Disney Christmas party. Disney has special holiday events with special tickets so they're good to go to to avoid crowds and see the Magic Kingdom decorated for the holidays. We went to the Halloween event last year and had a blast seeing the cute kids dressed up in their costumes and trick or treating all over the park. The Christmas party has a Christmas parade with toy soldiers, snow on Main Street, USA, a special fireworks display and free cocoa and cookies. It's supposed to be in the low 50's and high 40's in Orlando on Friday night so Matt and I are going to be sure to bundle up. But that should make it feel all the more like Christmas. (These are VERY unseasonably cold temps. It will be back up in the 70's/80's by the next day)

Things are going well here. I've been working on some graphic design pieces for work recently. They will be posted on our new recruitment website that goes live in January. Check out www.teachinflorida.com now though and you can see my current "Transition to Teaching" logo I designed. (it's the red apple). It's not fancy, but, hey! I made it and I'm pretty excited. The other two logos are on the new website. Hopefully I'll remember to post about it when it goes live.

Matt got Super Mario Galaxy for the Wii as a Christmas present from me so we've had fun playing that last night and today. It's a very beautiful game, that's amazingly fun. The graphics are really clear and you get dizzy just playing and moving the characters around because they move in all directions.

I'll probably have some pictures of Disney on here by Monday. I'm really excited about this trip. There is no other place in the world I can visit and be completely submersed in my vacation. I have so much fun jumping from ride to ride and taking all the Disney eye-candy in that am totally distracted from any worries. It's such a great way to get away, even for a day.

Have a wonderful weekend! Roll Tide! (I have to start getting them in THIS week as well as next week since Matt (AU) has this Saturday off and is already talking about the Iron Bowl.

P.S. I saw this video on TV a few weeks ago. As a fellow trumpet player, I am #1. Thankful Mr. Krieger never had any ideas to do something like this and #2 I am cringing at her horrible tone and out of tune sound, but, I think you will enjoy this video anyways. :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wffwg7pA0t8

2 comments:

Julie Young said...

I want to go to Disney World!!!

Julie Young said...
This comment has been removed by the author.