Saturday, November 3, 2007

Roll Tide

We almost went to Tuscaloosa this weekend. Matt wanted to do something nice for me so he thought we could head up for the game. We knew tickets would probably be expensive so we decided to stay home and just watch it on TV. I'm kind of glad I did. Don' t get me wrong, I'm really proud of how well Bama played tonight, but it was incredibly stressful and it would have been more stressful to be there in person. I yelled at the TV a lot. So much so, when they reversed the call of the COMPLETED catch to Matt Caddell that Will started shaking and ran over to Matt's lap because I scared him so much. All things considered though, I am proud of how well we stayed in the game with such a strong team. (Although they play dirty). I do have something to look forward to this year since I feel this is our year to beat Auburn. (That's right, Matt.)


Matt and I have been together 6 years this fall. The last time Bama beat Auburn was 6 years ago, the year we started dating. I remember a good amount of trash talking going on, but I had no idea that Matt was the uber Auburn fan he actually was. Apparently he played it down so I would like him anyways...I guess it worked. I left to watch the game at a coffee shop with my roomate and when I got back to my room he had left a message on my IM that said "you suck...." haha. Back then I think he even thought my taunts of singing "Rammer Jammer Yellow Hammer" in his ear were cute.


Needless to say, things have changed. We can't watch the game together and the week before the game is pretty intense. Luckily we'll have Thanksgiving festivities to distract us this year. It's very possible we'll be at the game this year. We just have to figure out what to do with the dogs. I didn't get to watch or go to the game last year since I was working at a conference, Matt decided at the last minute to go and he ended up staying with Andrea at her apartment. If we don't end up at the game I know he'll be at his parents house and I'll be at mine and we'll tactfully not call each other no matter who is winning...I can't say the same for our respective siblings calling us though...We've kept it a good natured rivalry and we love to joke with each other about it. I am always finding ridiculous pictures of Alabama fans set as my computer back drop, and I enjoy setting the homepage on Matt's computer to Kenny Stabler's web page, www.kenstabler.com. It's all in good fun.


Matt, this one's for you and all Auburn fans....ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!

2 comments:

Julie Young said...

Ok Ashley...that was uncalled for! HA! WAR EAGLE!!

Ashley Crocks said...

:-) Matt will appreciate your support. Are y'all going to the game?